My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

January 28, 2013

Meet the Members Monday- Christine K



Heya!  I don’t love writing about myself, but I have found all of the other bios fascinating, so here goes nothing! My name is Christine Kempsell and I am a cold-blooded Californian.  My love, MS1 Travis Morioka, brings me to the East Coast and I am enjoying every minute of the culture shock.  Well, not every minute, but pretty close.

We first moved from the west to the east in 2010.  I had just graduated with a BS in Biology, he the year before, and we were ready to get out of California for a bit.  I found myself in Mount Rainier National Park for a summer internship and he accepted a position in the Medical Master’s Program at Boston University.  Shortly thereafter, I moved to join him in Boston.  We lived there for two years while Travis pursued his dream of becoming a physician and I worked as a research assistant at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.  Just before we were hardened by the Bostonian bustle, we were flung into our next adventure here in DC.  The dust is slowly settling, but the abrupt change is certainly good practice for the next 20 Navy years!

I currently work at USUHS as research assistant in the Family Medicine Injury Prevention Research Lab under the direction of Dr. Beutler.  My involvement in the SSC is due to the inescapable influence of Molly Grasso (also works for Dr. Beulter) and I’m really glad to have joined!  The SSC Wounded Warrior Run has quickly become a top list item in my life and I’m energized by the generosity shown by our club thus far.

In my wildest spare time, I love to outrigger paddle, bike, hike, run, travel and to be near, or preferably, in the ocean.  I have found an outrigger family with Washington Canoe Club in Georgetown and I’m excited to continue racing in the Atlantic during our four years here.  Can’t wait for the journey to come!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home