My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

December 24, 2012

Meet the Members Monday- Jenny E


Hello! My name is Jenny Eliason and I am married to Mitch Eliason, an MS-3.  My husband and I grew up in the same town in PA and were best friends through high school and college.  My husband graduated from the Naval Academy in 2003 and service selected Submarines.  After attending Nuclear Engineering School his orders came in for Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.  Only after those orders, and my signing a teaching contract in Virginia, did we come to the realization that the person we’d been looking for had been right in front of our faces for years!  (Mitch would come to Penn State on the weekends and I’d introduce him to girls… and he’d bring with him his friends to introduce to me!) And so began our romantic relationship, and long weekends (and long flights to get there!) spent in Hawaii.    Thank goodness I had a very understanding Principal who let me put together sick days in order to fly from VA to HI on a monthly basis!  I accepted a teaching job in Hawaii and moved out to be with him in 2006. 
We were married in 2007 and 2 days later Mitch deployed.  He said “I do” and then left on deployment, leaving me with a house to sell in Hawaii, orders to put together for our next duty station, a house to buy on the other end, and Household goods and a car to ship across the ocean!   When his boat surfaced from mission the family gram waiting for him read “Sold house.  Got orders.  Bought house.”   He knew that when he landed in Annapolis, MD he had to look at his new house and LOVE it! 
While stationed at the Naval Academy teaching Leadership for shore duty, Mitch took the prerequisites needed to get into Medical School.  At the same time we decided it would be the perfect time to start our family (why wouldn’t you want to move, deploy, start a new job, and have a baby at the same time!?!)  and we were blessed with our first child, Chase, in 2008.  We then had our baby girl, Charlie, in 2010 just before medical school began and followed 20 months later with our third, Cole, in 2012.  We are incredibly blessed with our family, and if you stop by to visit you will see why I call us a zoo or crazy-town!   It’s amazingly wonderful, and amazingly chaotic, almost, okay,  all of the time! 
I love to run, to read…and would love to have a cup of coffee that is hot both when I start to drink it and when I’m at the bottom of the cup!  When I grow up…well… I’m not actually sure what I want to be.  For now being Chase’s, Charlie’s, and/or Cole’s mommy is where it’s at.  Once Cole is in school we’ll see what Mommy gets to be when she grows up!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home