My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

December 24, 2012

Meet the Members Monday- Nicole B


Happy Holidays everyone! My name is Nicole Bonomo, and my fiancé Romon is an Air Force MS1, prior Air Force Reserves. We have no pets and no kids yet.  I’m originally from Hazleton, PA, and Romon grew up in Miami, Florida. We met during our freshman year at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, where I studied Aeronautical Science, and he studied Engineering Physics. We began dating our sophomore year, and have been together for the last 10 years. After college, I took a flying job in Atlanta, while Romon took an engineering job in Iowa. He eventually moved to Atlanta, only to head out to OTS (Alabama) and pilot training (Texas). Luckily with my job, it was somewhat easy to fly out to see him when we lived apart. While in Texas, Romon decided he wanted to pursue medicine, so he transferred to a Civil Engineering unit at Dobbins ARB outside of Atlanta, went back to his engineering job at Georgia Tech, and completed his prerequisites for medical school. As for me, I began my flying career as a flight instructor at Embry-Riddle. I’ve been an instructor for almost 10 years (though I haven’t “taught” in quite a while). I’m a commercial pilot for ExpressJet Airlines (formerly Atlantic Southeast Airlines), and have been there almost 7 years. We fly regional jets for Delta Airlines and United Airlines. With my company having a base at Washington Dulles airport, it was easy for me to transfer here from Atlanta. My job is amazing, but being gone from home so much is nothing to brag about (I know, I know, welcome to the military). In my spare time I enjoy eating, cooking (not baking), kickboxing, running (though I can’t say I actually “enjoy” it), and traveling. Oh, and since we moved to the DC area, I no longer enjoy driving. We do miss Atlanta, but are excited to check out all of the free museums here and everything else DC has to offer!  I’ve had so many great times already with the SSC and look forward to many more!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home