My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

December 31, 2012

Meet the Members Monday- Molly G


Word.  I’m Molly Grasso – my husband Ian is a 3rd year Navy medical student. This year I’m just a regular member of the SSC – my first year I served as the Adult Social Chair (fun!), and last year I was the President (fun! work!).  I hail from the oh-so-lovely Evergreen State (that’s the OTHER Washington), more specifically a suburb of Seattle called Bellevue.  Ian is a good ole’ Midwestern boy – spending his childhood in Michigan and Iowa, with a brief stint in Las Vegas.

I went to the University of Washington in Seattle (Go Huskies) and Ian went to the Naval Academy in Annapolis (Beat Army).  After school, I moved to DC and spent my time trying out different careers in the events, sales, and consulting worlds while having a disproportionate income to entertainment budget.  Ian spent his time floating around the world on a ship (not a boat, I’ve been corrected) serving as a Surface Warfare Officer based out San Diego.

We met each other in DC while Ian was on shore duty (a.k.a. Navy “Light”) teaching the tender and impressionable minds of Naval Academy Midshipmen the ins and outs of Seamanship and Navigation.  Our first date was sushi and pottery painting -  It was pretty much love at first sight.

We got married in 2009 in Annapolis with all the traditional Navy bru-ha-ha (which was a lot of fun) and have been busy kickin’ butt and taking names ever since.  Despite Ian being prior service, I’ve actually had a very chill experience as a military spouse – no deployments, and a guy with a cool gig that pays him to learn.  Not too shabby.

Ian is having a grand time as a 3rd year – it’s so nice for him to get out of the classroom and actually start ‘practicing’ medicine.  So far he’s had all rotations at Walter Reed, so that’s been pretty cool for me.

Up until a little over a week ago, I was a project manager in a research lab at USUHS.  It was an awesome job that allowed me to travel a bit and to help pointy-headed academics and clinicians with the business/real world side of research while they spent their brainpower trying to understand the mechanisms that lead to musculoskeletal injury in active duty service members, and then how to prevent those types of injuries.  

But now, the real adventure begins!  In about 5 weeks I’m starting a new job as a full time stay at home mom for little Baby Grasso.  Ian and I are so excited to meet this little person and embark on the parenthood path. 

Other than that, we have two dogs; both scruffy rescues.  Cooper – a 6 year old golden retriever who is a big, adorable, lovable dummy, and Bailey – a 9 year old greyhound who is manipulating, spoiled, and also loveable (at least we think so). I love to cook, craft, and entertain – and when not pregnant, enjoy a nice glass of wine with friends.  If I haven’t met you yet, I look forward to doing so soon!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home