My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

March 4, 2013

Meet the Members Monday- Katherine



My name is Katherine and I’m married to an Army MS1. We have three children who are 4, 6, and 8.  My husband is prior military (14 years) and was a pilot. I met him during flight training in New Mexico where I grew up. I was serving in the College and Career ministry at church and he had joined us one night. The rest is pretty much history. As cliché as it sounds I call wherever the military has us “home”, because it’s the place I share with my husband and children.

We were in FL for 8 years before moving here to the DC area. Coming from a squadron where the deployment revolving door had us without daddy for 6+ mouths out of every year, life in DC has been a wonderful change. Though I miss the tight knit community we left. I love DC the area, there is so much to do, see, and explore. We could probably do without the snow shoveling though!

I am a SAHM, and sometimes WAHM through my Love Abounds shop on Etsy and Hyena Cart online. Before I was a stay at home mom I worked as a geriatric nurse. I love being able to be at home with our kids and know that it’s a huge blessing, which I sometimes have to remind myself after I’ve swept cereal off the floor for the 4th time in one morning. As far as interests and hobbies, I like photography, party planning, writing, paper crafting, cooking, reading, and blogging at pleasegivepeasachance.blogspot.com . I’m pretty addicted to Pinterest too, does that count as a hobby?

I hope to meet more spouses at SSC events and get more plugged in!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home