My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

October 7, 2012

Meet the Members Monday

A big hello from the Erickson's. My name is Melanie. My husband, Davis, is a MS1 Air Force, no prior service.  Davis and I celebrated our four year anniversary in September. We have a two year older daughter with beautiful strawberry blond girl and a handsome 9 week old baby boy. We are most recently from Groton, Mass. However, I was born and raised in Mesa, AZ. A few of my hobbies include sewing, knitting, cooking, running, hiking, and cross country skiing. Davis and I met at Brigham Young University where I studied Family Life and Human Development with a minor in gerontology. Since graduating I have been blessed to be a stay at home mom. 

These first few months in the military have been quite a whirlwind. We moved here in June when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. Davis went to COT for five weeks leaving me alone in a new house, a new city, 9 months pregnant with a 2 year old to care for. We were hoping that the baby wouldn't come until his due date which was after Davis would be back. However, babies come when they want and our baby happened to come a couple weeks early. Luckily my mom and sister were in town from Arizona. In all honesty having the baby without my husband there was not the hard part. The hard part was rejoicing over our precious son without him there. Davis came home 5 days after the birth.  Being a military wife, even for only a few short months, has made me stronger. I am happy to be here supporting my husband and feel that the sacrifices we have made and will make are well worth it. I am excited to be here on this crazy journey and glad I will be making it with so many awesome spouses like you. I looked forward to meeting more of you. Happy Monday!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home