My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

October 1, 2012

Meet the Members Monday

Hello!  My name is Sarah Schexnayder, and I’m the wife of Brian Schexnayder, a first year Navy medical student.  We have a 2 year old firecracker daughter, Hannah, and are thrilled to be here.  While we may be new to USUHS, we’re not new to the military or the Navy.  Brian is a ’05 USNA grad, who was a Captain in the Marine Corps up until last year.  We met the summer of our freshman year of college at a candy store I was working in on Main Street in Annapolis, where my parents still live.  I moved there my senior year of high school, but still consider myself a Floridian as that’s where I grew up.  Brian’s from Louisiana, so we’re winter wusses together.  Brian and I have been together for 10 years.  Since we met, he was a midshipman in the Navy, commissioned in the Marine Corps, stationed in Camp Lejeune, NC (not my favorite place), and deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan (not my favorite life events).  After he returned from Afghanistan, we were married and then almost immediately moved to San Diego (infinitely better than Camp Lejuene).  I’ve been blessed to be working in sales for a software integrator based in downtown Silver Spring since graduating college from UMD College Park.  They were so supportive that when we were stationed at the Marine Corps Recruiting Depot in San Diego for two years, they allowed me to continue working for them from home.  It’s hard to sometimes have a career as a military spouse, but with telework I think it opens up a lot more doors.  Nonetheless, my family wasn’t the only group of people happy that we were relocating nearby.  When I’m not busy juggling work and sweet Hannah, I love seeing my sister’s family in Arlington and my parents in Annapolis as much as I can.  I love planning vacations (real or not) and I’m shamefully addicted to all things Groupon and Living Social.  And, after paying for civilian health insurance this past year, I’m thrilled that I can relocate that high monthly premium (Thanks, Tricare!) to those addictions.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home