My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

September 24, 2012

Meet the Members Monday

Hi!  I’m Cristy Hawkley, married to Tyson Hawkley (first year med student with the Air Force - non prior).  We have one little guy on the way, due in November.  We’re super excited to be parents and to be out here. Actually, I was born here in Silver Spring and grew up in Southern Maryland by the Chesapeake Bay.  Before I met my husband, I spent a year and a half in Brazil serving the people there and learning of their culture and language, which I love. After, I met my husband while we were both out at school in Utah. We’ve been married for almost a year now.  I graduated from Brigham Young University in Mathematics Education and taught AP statistics and Algebra II at a high school in Utah the year before Tyson and I married and the year after I graduated.  During this first year of marriage I started and got halfway through the program to receive my masters in statistics, also at BYU.  Moving here has put a slight (or maybe permanent halt) in that plan, but moving here is like moving home so it’s a fair trade off.  Plus, I’m happy to support Tyson in his medical career.  So far we’ve enjoyed our experience with the military.  It’s a lifestyle my husband knows growing up with an air force dad, but I’m just getting introduced to.  We’re excited for this next year!  I like being outdoors, camping, hiking, playing sports (even if I’m terrible), well playing any game really.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home