My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

November 5, 2012

Meet the Members Monday- Casey G

Hello! I'm Casey Godar and I am married to Army first-year student Michael Godar. USUHS is our first experience with the military, and we're learning more about the Army lifestyle every day. We live down the street from USUHS in Kensington and we grew up together in Annapolis, MD.  If you're not aware, the U.S. Naval Academy is located there. Suddenly being forced to get rid of my Navy football gear and cheer for Army instead was a bit irritating, especially because Army NEVER wins, but I’ll get over it. So is anyone in need of a Navy sweatshirt?


We’re enjoying our new lifestyle, with the full realization that deployments and a lot of travel are coming in the near future.  We’ve been married for 1½ years, with no kids, so we’re still pretty flexible. I’m impressed by the quality of base resources offered to military families, so it's encouraging to know that I'll have some help when he's away. Navigating Tricare and other processes has been tricky, but a bit of patience seems to go a long way. 


As for me, I attended college at the University of Maryland, majoring in Biology and Spanish. After graduating in 2010 I decided to jump right back into school to become a licensed paramedic. I currently manage a cardiac arrest registry and teach CPR for Howard County Fire and Rescue. With my training, I also respond to 911 calls a few nights a month as a firefighter/paramedic with the Elkridge Volunteer Fire Department. I also like to read, cook, and listen to music, especially classical and rock. 


I love the medical field and always thought that I have the best job in the world, but actually my husband does! I will be applying to medical schools this upcoming cycle and I am taking the MCAT in January. I’ve witnessed USUHS’s unique military curriculum and the incredible support system that it offers its students, so it's definitely my first choice. I'll keep you all posted! Overall, I’m so glad I joined the SSC and I look forward to meeting more of you soon!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home