My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

October 29, 2012

Meet the Members Monday- Lauren S


Hi, my name is Lauren Simmons and I am the wife of Sean Simmons (MS2). Sean is a Naval Academy graduate with prior service in both the Navy and the Army. Sean and I met while doing our medical school pre-requisites in Philadelphia (where we also met the lovely Sam and Eva Burns). We have been married for two and a half years and live in NE Washington DC with our son, Raylan (20 months), and two stinky (but cute) dogs, Masoud (crazy mutt from Afghanistan) and Clio (smelly Rhodesian Ridgeback from the Dirty Jerz).

I was born and raised outside Philadelphia, PA. I did my undergraduate degree in history and Spanish at Davidson College in North Carolina. After working in reinsurance, I decided to make a career change and pursued a post-baccalaureate certificate in health studies. When Sean and I moved to DC for Sean to attend USUHS, I decided to do my Masters in Public Health and in May 2012 graduated from George Washington University with a MPH in Global Health Epidemiology. Currently, I work as a research epidemiologist investigating health disparities in Latino immigrants/refugees in the DC metropolitan area.

In my free time (all 30 minutes a week) I enjoy reading, cooking, running, and relaxing with Sean, Raylan, and our pups. I look forward to meeting everyone at future SSC events.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home