My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

November 26, 2012

Meet the Members Monday- Nicole W


Hello!  My name is Nicole Williams. I am married to David Williams, a first year, prior serviced, Army medical student. David and I met in Ft. Bragg, NC, 9 years ago this month. David had just begun his Army Special Forces medic training and I had just moved there for career advancement as a business manager. Ft. Bragg is typically not the first choice for military installations, but we really enjoyed our time there together. Both being new to the area and not knowing anyone, David and I met on-line and became quick friends, emailing for weeks before meeting. Upon our first meeting we knew we would be much more than friends. We were married in April of 2006, near where I grew up in Wilmington NC. We have experienced a lot in our 6 years of marriage. We have two beautiful daughters, Gabriella, 5, and Annaliese, 18 months. We have been through 3 deployments to Iraq and one to Guatemala.  We have lived in Clarksville TN, Charleston SC, Fayetteville NC (twice), and now Silver Spring. David began as active duty, and then switched to National Guard, while doing military contracting as a medical instructor. I have spent the majority of our marriage at home with our girls. With frequent moves and deployments it was hard to maintain a career. I feel very fortunate to be able to take care of my family from home and have the time to really get to know my spunky little girls. Gabriella (Ella) will be beginning kindergarten next August and I plan to return to school myself at that time. I currently have a BA in Psychology and a minor in Sociology. I plan to complete my BA in Sociology and then obtain my Masters in Community Health Education.   

We are thrilled to be here at USUHS and the Bethesda area. We love our new home, our new neighbors, and our new friends and we are looking forward to the journey and cultivating many new friendships. I hope to be able to meet more of you very soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home