My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

November 26, 2012

Meet the Members Monday- Emily M

Hello everyone, I am Emily Maloy and am married to Wyatt, a MS1 with the Air Force(non-prior).  We met at BYU scrubbing toilets at 4:00 am!  We happened to both be majoring in Athletic Training and had many classes together, which made things more fun.  We dated for a long 5 months before we got engaged and then married 2 months later in the LDS temple in American Fork UT.  It has now been 12 1/2 years together and every year just gets better.  We have five children with #6 on the way!  
I am from the West.  I was born in Utah and grew up in San Diego CA.  When I went to BYU I was the 6th kid of my parents to be living in Utah so my parents moved from San Diego to be close to all their kids.  I am still sad I can't go home to CA and to surfing, but I loved having my parents closer during college.
After graduating from BYU we moved to Oregon for Wyatt to get a masters.  We lived in OR for 8 1/2 years and had a really hard time leaving to pursue medical school.  Getting to medical school has been a long road.  We started 6 years ago and are finally here!  It will be a challenge but being part of the military is very helpful and coming to USU is also great with all the support.  We are excited for this opportunity and also for the challenge.
If I had time for a hobby I'm not sure what it would be.  I love being a stay at home mom with my children 2 girls and 3 boys.  They take up most of my time and energy.  I like to exercise and I lead kickboxing at my church because I workout better with a group.  I like anything outdoors and most sports.  I can knit, cook, and keep a journal.
I like living at Glen Haven with all the military families.  We have liked the East coast so far but are still getting used to the differences.  I am not a fan of humidity. I look forward to meeting more of you throughout the years here at USU.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home