My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

January 20, 2014

Meet The Member Mondays- Sarah S

HI there!  My name is Sarah, and my husband Brian is a second year Navy medical student.
Brian graduated from USNA in 2005 and spent 7 years in the USMC, stationed in Camp Lejeune (where he deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan - not fun) and MCRD San Diego (much more fun).  I met Brian the end of our freshman year of college, which seems like eons ago!  We got married 7 years later in 2009, after he returned from Afghanistan, and right before we moved to San Diego.  I'm in sales for a software company in Silver Spring and have been lucky to be working for them since I graduated from UMD College Park in 2005.  They've been very supportive of Brian's military career, even allowing me to continue working for them from home when we were stationed in San Diego.  While we loved San Diego and would love to go back some day, it's nice being back in MD.  I'm lucky to have family close by in Annapolis and Arlington and am so thankful I can lean on them (and the occasional glass of wine) for support when Brian is busy studying or away on clerkships. While I spent most of my childhood in south Florida, Annapolis has been home for the majority of my adult life and I love it there.  I'm pretty busy between working full time, chasing around our 3 year old daughter, and taking care of our little boy, who I had 2 months ago.  While I'm not always able to make it to the SSC meetings or events, I love knowing that the support, friendship, and fun activities are there for us.  When I'm not going crazy with work or taking care of the kiddos, I will binge on TV shows like The Mindy Project, Scandal, and Property Brothers from my DVR.  If I could have any job in the world, I would love to be either a pilates instructor or a travel agent.  Planning vacations, especially Disney vacations, is one of my obsessions.  I live for a good margarita, flip flops, cupcakes, and crab pretzels.  I'm looking forward to meeting more wonderful people from the SSC!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home