My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

November 18, 2013

Meet the Members Monday- Molly G


Hi! I’m Molly Grasso – my husband Ian is a 4th year Navy medical student. I'm honored to serve as your Vice President – my first year I served as the Adult Social Chair (fun!), and 2nd year I was the President (fun! work!).  I hail from the oh-so-lovely Evergreen State (that’s the OTHER Washington), more specifically a suburb of Seattle called Bellevue.  Ian is a good ole’ Midwestern boy – spending his childhood in Michigan and Iowa, with a brief stint in Las Vegas.  

I went to the University of Washington in Seattle (Go Huskies) and Ian went to the Naval Academy in Annapolis (Beat Army).  After school, I moved to DC and have been here ever since. Ian is prior service, and  spent his time floating around the world on a ship (not a boat, I’ve been corrected) serving as a Surface Warfare Officer based out San Diego.  

We met each other in DC while Ian was on shore duty (a.k.a. Navy “Light”) teaching the tender and impressionable minds of Naval Academy Midshipmen the ins and outs of Seamanship and Navigation.  Our first date was sushi and pottery painting -  It was pretty much love at first sight and we got married in 2009 in Annapolis with all the traditional Navy bru-ha-ha.
Ian is just about a month away from finding out which residency he will get - he's most interested in Internal Medicine (with an end goal of going into cardiology) and we'd like to stay here in the DC Area.  

We have an awesome little 9 month old boy, Graham, and I'm lucky enough to be a stay at home mom. It is both the toughest and best job I've ever had!  

Other than that, we have two dogs; both scruffy rescues.  Cooper – a 7 year old golden retriever and Bailey – a 10 year old greyhound. I love to cook, craft, and entertain.  If I haven’t met you yet, I look forward to doing so soon!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home