My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

March 18, 2013

Meet the Members Monday- Sarah R



My name is Sarah Roberts and my husband, Haydn, is a MS1 for the Air Force.  We are from the Seattle area and met at Washington State University in a country swing bar in Moscow, Idaho.  We have been married just over a year and a half.


I graduated with a major in Hospitality Business Management and a minor in Business Administration.  I have worked in the food service for companies like Microsoft, Boeing, Seattle Public Schools and most recently DC Public Schools as an Area Director.  I manage nine school cafeterias just east of the capitol building but thankfully have never had to don a hair net.

Besides working, I enjoy sewing, paper crafts, happy hour, baking, photography, reading and working out with others.  Before our furniture arrived here in Maryland, I bought some tools, found some pallets, and completed a pallet coffee table that we love.  I also like to take ideas from Pinterest and actually create them or adapt them.  Haydn just bought me a sewing machine so I have been taking clothes from my closet and remaking them or just starting from scratch with fabric and a pattern.  I have also created a blog, Where My Love Takes Me (wheremylovetakesme.wordpress.com), to keep friends and family up to date but it keeps veering to a craft and food blog. 


Last year, Haydn and I ran the Rock and Roll Marathon (I did the half).  Together we have traveled to Tijuana, Thailand, South Korea, Puerto Vallarta and a road trip to Arizona and California.  While we were in Washington we would go on hikes in the Cascades, surfing in the Pacific and sailing on a catamaran in Case Inlet.  We also enjoy touring wineries and breweries, watching sports and going to baseball, soccer and hockey games and play board games with friends.

This year I’m planning on running the Diva Dash (divadash.com) with a group of yet to be determined friends, hint, hint.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home