My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

November 17, 2014

Meet The Members Monday - Rebekah W.


Hi, I’m Rebekah Wright. I’m a first-year spouse, married to Robert Wright, who is an Airman. I hail from Leesburg, VA, and currently, we’re living in the Glen Haven military community in Silver Spring, MD. (Or is it Wheaton; the Post office seems confused.) We’re new to the military life, and love the community and perks thus far. Our son, Alec, is eight months old, and we also have two cats: Bat and Sassy. I’m working for USUHS in the Admissions and Recruitment department. I love learning more about my husband’s military and medical experience firsthand. For instance, besides the obvious debt-free education, proximity to Walter Reed and the NIH, commissioned officer rank and respective benefits, etc., the cadaver donation, leadership courses and ultrasound training are cool differentiators from other med schools. There are other spouses at work, and we go to lunch sometimes. (Maj is the best matchmaker!!) I have a MBA from UGA and BS in Commerce from UVA. I love yoga (Mommy and Baby yoga classes are super fun), marketing, tennis (how my hubby and I met in ATL), and reading fiction/fantasy, social science and philosophy (right now, I’m reading Tibetan Peach Pie by Tom Robbins). Trying new ethnic restaurants in DC is one of my favorite past times. It’s so great being a mother, too! Sorry that I have not attended more Spouse Club meetings, yet. I look forward to hanging out in the future! Photo credit to Nicole Babcock, fellow Spouse Club member, nicolebabcock.com.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home