My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

June 9, 2014

Meet the Members Mondays: Robyn R

Howdy folks!
I’m Robyn Rowley. My husband Dallin is in the Army and is about done with his first year. We are thriving out here on the east coast and can’t believe we were missing out all these years while living in California and Utah.

We love food, and our grocery budget is probably much higher than it should be. We sacrifice luxuries like cable and keeping the thermostat at 72 degrees so that we can afford to buy ridiculously expensive but ridiculously delicious delicacies, like pine nuts. We are mostly whole food, plant-based, which means that we stuff veggies in the meat and cheese drawer to fit all the produce in our fridge. Our seven month old baby girl likes to eat fresh garlic and caramelized onions, so we’re pretty sure she’s ours.

We love to bike. Last summer I seriously considered getting rid of our car and biking everywhere. Somehow we winded up buying a brand new car in April, so that didn’t pan out, but I still love to bike every day and it is my dream to someday be a car-less family.

I’m aware that at this point I probably sound like a hippie. Rest assured that I’m not.

My dad is a percussion professor, and we had a family steel band growing up. Remember the street musician who starts off “How Does She Know” in the movie Enchanted? That’s what I play. It’s the highest paying job I have ever had, which means I made more money when I was 9 than I do now that I am 27. NBD.

My current job is pretty sweet though. I am raising another human being, and when she’s sleeping, I work for a healthcare IT research firm. I can work as much or as little as I want, whenever I want, and it pays well. I learn a lot and absolutely love it. The raising another human being part of my work doesn’t pay in dollars, but I’m pretty content to be adored by her (I know that won’t last into the teenage years…).

We love being at USUHS. There is a very welcoming, community feel, and I think much of the credit goes to the SSC. So far we are liking the military experience and are excited for the crazy years ahead.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home