My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

October 13, 2014

Meet the Members Monday - Holly P.

     I am Holly Pike, the spouse of Dan Pike, 1st year student. I am a household engineer for my amazing husband & 4 crazy kiddos- Cameron (Cam) 7, Allison (Ally) 5, Andrew (Drew) 3, and Catherine (Katie) 1. I grew up in upstate New York near Rochester and met my husband, who is also from that area on a blind date. I actually had to be bribed to go on the date by my best friend’s boyfriend- after I met him I was super glad I went! We have been married 9 years, moved 7 times, had each of our kids in a different state (Texas (Laughlin, AFB), Ohio (Wright-Patterson, AFB), Wisconsin (UW Madison) & Colorado (USAFA) -in that order) & have loved every minute of our journey together! My husband has been in the Air Force for 8 years, had several different jobs while we have moved all over the country. He began his AF career in pilot training, but after 6 weeks of air sickness, he had to pursue a different path. His last assignment was at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs as an instructor teaching Anatomy, Biology & Physiology.  
     When I'm not chasing kids or tending to the house I love to cook, sew, crochet, scrapbook, run and read. I usually try a new recipe every week, my favorites being desserts! I like to be out and about with my kids exploring the area where we live & making new friends. One of my favorite things to do is scroll through Facebook and see what my friends around the world are up to & catch up on what's happening with our family in NY. We also own a home on Little Sodus Bay, NY near our families and that is where the kids and I spend our summers.
I have loved being a military spouse, I hate the actual “moving” part, but it's so fun getting a new house & scenery every few years! I am so grateful for the benefits, opportunities & experiences that the AF has given my husband & our family. The greatest being able to be home with my children everyday.
     I am excited for this new chapter in our journey & look forward to getting to know the other spouses in our group!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home