My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

November 24, 2014

Meet The Members Monday - Carrie G.

My name is Carrie Gerhardt. My wonderful husband, Thomas Gerhardt, is a 1st year medical student in the Air Force. We are from Seattle, WA, which is where I grew up and where Thomas spent the later part of his growing up years. We were first introduced on the first day of class during our freshman year at the University of Washington in Seattle. I had accidently enrolled in a pre-med course that Thomas happened to be taking. I thought the class was going to be a huge mistake, but meeting Thomas made it worthwhile! After that, I got on track to graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Bachelor of Arts in English, while Thomas graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Bioengineering. We were married in 2012 before I graduated college, and we recently celebrated our second wedding anniversary! After I graduated, I got the opportunity to work as a medical-surgical nurse on a busy hospital floor at the University of Washington Medical Center and loved both growing in my skills and learning how to impact lives for the better. We are new to the military and are both adjusting to the big picture of military life. There is a lot to learn! We are finding the military to be a huge blessing as it allows me to take better care of Thomas without the stress of being the only bread winner in our family. We are so thankful this option allows us to have support from classmates and spouses who are going through this journey with us! It has been hard to move away from family, life-long friends and my dream job in nursing, but it has been wonderful to be on this adventure together as a couple. We love seeking out new places to explore, lavishing in the rich history of the area, and re-establishing our lives as a married couple. Some of my other favorite past-times include reading classic literature, writing, cooking, learning new crafts, and refining my homemaking skills. I am looking forward to continuing to get to know all of you! 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home