My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

January 27, 2014

Meet the Member Mondays

Hello! My name is Amanda Nogra. My husband, Osmund Nogra, is an MS1 in the Navy. We have a 4 month old son named Noah and two furry (dog) children, Gideon and Gigi.

I am from Southern California and, boy, do I miss that weather! This transition has been a rollercoaster ride-from the humidity of summer to the snow in winter. I have a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing and worked as an emergency room RN for 7 years before moving to Maryland. Now, I am “working” as a stay at home mom. My hobbies include reading, knitting, studying the Bible, and learning French. When I was younger, I loved to dance and participated in musical theater. Prior to getting pregnant, I was very involved in my church’s missionary program; I went Haiti in 2012 and Mexico throughout 2011 and 2012 on medical missions’ trips. My husband and I have been married since April 2011.

My husband was previously a Navy Corpsman. He enlisted at 17 years old, right out of high school. He was attached to a Marine battalion stationed at Camp Pendleton and deployed twice to Japan and Iraq. He was also stationed in southern Spain for 3 years. This was all before I met him; it took some convincing for him to get me onboard with another stint in the military!

So far my experience with the military has been challenging. I put my career on hold and left my home church to move to the East Coast, but I am learning a lot. The other families and spouses I have met have been so kind and welcoming. There have been benefits to the sacrifice as well-my husband’s salary allows me to stay at home and raise my son, as well as great health insurance and multiple educational opportunities. I am proud of my husband and his commitment to support our military and their families.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home