My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

March 24, 2014

Meet the Member Mondays- Kristen R.

Hi! My name is Kristen and my fiance is Jeremy (MS1, USAF). We live happily in Rockville with our vicious 3 lb yorkie, Rupert Preston.

Jeremy is from VA and has lived this military life the past 5 years living in Texas, Louisiana, and Italy. I am from NJ (no, not the Jersey shore) and have been in NC until this past year. We moved here this summer from Wilmington, NC where we met our first day at UNCW 10 years ago. After playing 8 years of friendship, and 2 years of dating, we are excited to get married on October 12, 2014!

I have my Bachelor’s in Elementary Education and my Master’s in Reading Education which has landed me a very challenging yet entertaining job as a kindergarten teacher in Germantown. I enjoy reading, cooking, drinking wine, going to pilates, and pinteresting (which I actually follow through with at times!).

This is the first experience I’ve ever had with military life style. I will never understand all the acronyms and I refuse to use military time, but when I didn’t have to personally pack up a U-Haul to move here, I knew good things were in store. The SSC has already introduced me to great friends and I am thankful for that! It’s been fun to help out with the SSC WWR Race and being nominated for Adult Social Chair is exciting as well! I can easily see how difficult this life could be: moving often, continuously making and leaving friends, trying to find a job at each new location; but I think the sacrifice is worth the reward.

I am excited to continue this adventure with my soon-to-be husband and look forward to meeting wonderful people along the way!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home