My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
https://usustudentspousesclub.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

March 18, 2014

Meet the Member Mondays- Emily G.

Hi! I'm Emily Gregory. My husband, Tim, is a first year Army student. He was in the Army National Guard before coming to USUHS. We have an almost two year old son, named Dorian.

I was born and raised in Florida (Sarasota/Bradenton area). Tim is from Pittsburgh, PA.  We met when he was the lead guitarist in a band. They were touring the East Coast and stopped by our house to stay for a few days since my cousins were also in the band. I went to one of their shows, and what can I say, I like a guy who can play guitar! But I like a man in uniform too, so it all worked out ;) 
After a lot of visiting back an forth, I eventually moved to Pittsburgh where we were later engaged. We were married in August, 2010, and the rest was history!
 
I graduated with a BA in Social Sciences from the University of South Florida.  I worked as a Teacher for an out of school time program in Pittsburgh before we moved here. Right now, I'm going to school part-time for Photography. It's super fun and I'm learning a lot. By the way... I need some practice, so if anyone wants some free portraits, let me know ;)  Other than that, I stay at home full-time with our son Dorian who always keeps me on my toes!

The hardest part about being a part of the military is living so far away from my family in Florida. Other than that, it's been a good experience. My favorite part about USUHS is the sense of community and the family-friendly atmosphere. I'm thankful to have made great friends through the SSC.  Right now I'm using tuition assistance (MyCaa) specifically for military spouses, which is a great also a great benefit! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about it.

While Tim is in school, Dorian and I love to get out and explore, so if anyone wants to do something, let me know! I can't wait until it warms up... The FL girl in me is ready for winter to be over so we can get outside and play! ;)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 14, 2014 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Fe Adamsonn said...

I also used my Mycaa for my education assistance and its a great help. Our life in military family is not really easy but we can all make it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home